Single Adults are without question one of the fastest growing subcultures of our world and the church has not kept up with the singles boom. According to Doug Fagerstrom, in his book “Baker Handbook of Single Adult Ministry, the church must catch up if we are to reach this large and wonderful mission field that God has placed before us.
- We must learn about and love single adults.
- We must discover and understand their needs.
- We must remove myths and overcome our fears.
- We must reach out with hearts of compassion and acts of mercy.
- We must share the gospel of Jesus Christ with a generation that is in pursuit of love, peace and intimacy.
It is from the church (God’s people) that single adults can discover from God’s Word who they are and what their gifts are, receive love and encouragement and find help in their time of need. It is here that ministry begins and loves are changed.
The purpose of the Assemblies of God Single Adult Ministries is to help districts, churches, pastors and leaders build spiritually-strong single and single-again adults of all ages.