THE ARKANSAS DELTA NETWORK
“Hope and Healing for the Delta”
WHAT IS THE ARKANSAS DELTA NETWORK?
The ADN is a regional church and ministry network designed to address the substantial challenges of declining health and efficiency of our churches in the Arkansas Delta region.
The regional boundaries of the ADN will include sections 3, 4, 7, 8, 11, and 14. The current sectional boundaries will provide the geographical parameters.
The purpose of the ADN is to intentionally produce healthy and vibrant churches in the Delta by means of a working regional model. Church planting and recalibration will be key components in this initiative.
The ADN will help by providing network resources including training for church leaders. This network is designed to assist with the implementation of strategies that are specifically designed to work in the Delta, including the following.
- Church planting and revitalization – Acts 2, healthy church resources
- Understanding and combating poverty - Bridges Out of Poverty
- Fostering – COMPACT / Compacare
- Addiction – Celebrate Recovery
- Crime prevention – Neighborhood Watch Programs
- Veterans – VA Rural Clergy Partnership
- Embrace diversity
- Value every person because every person matters
- Demonstrate love for our communities
- Model hopeful optimism
- Practice Pentecostalism
- Address cultural challenges
Expectations for ADN churches
- Theological / doctrinal compatibility
- Financial support for the ADN through membership
WHY DOES IT MATTER?
- The population in the Arkansas Delta is approximately 627,350 (by county) - 21% of the state’s population.
- Of the adult population, 42% have less than a high school diploma or GED.
- Single parents are raising 41.7% of the children.
- In the Delta, 36% of children are living in poverty.
- The Arkansas AG has 108 churches in the Delta with a total of 6,450 average Sunday a.m. attendance, which means that 1.02% of the population in the Delta attends an AG church on Sunday morning.
- There are 97 communities in the Delta without an Assembly of God church.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS TO BEING A MEMBER OF THE ADN?
- Relational connection with other churches in the Delta
- Shared training, resources, and outreach opportunities
- Training in best practices
- Mentoring and coaching from network leadership
- Free conferences and training meetings
- Access to sermons and special services
- Celebration of victories in the Delta with other network members
- Participation in annual Delta outreach events (e.g., Convoy of Hope)